Rahul and Priyanka inexperienced, I will field strong candidate against Sidhu: Amarinder



(PTI) Chandigarh, Ta. 3

Former Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh termed Congress leaders Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra as inexperienced and said he would field a strong candidate against Punjab Congress President Navjot Singh Sidhu in the next Assembly elections. Amarinder Singh had recently resigned as the Chief Minister of Punjab due to infighting within the Congress in Punjab.

"Priyanka and Rahul are like my children," Amarinder Singh said in an interview. It is not appropriate to end this matter in such a way. I am very sad. I have not taken the Dhara members to Goa or any other place. I don't work this way. I am not a sports person and the siblings of the Gandhi family know that this is not my way of working.

The Congress leader further said that the children of the Gandhi family were inexperienced and their advisers were misleading them. He further said that he would do his utmost to prevent Sidhu from becoming the Chief Minister.

The former chief minister has said that he is ready to make any sacrifice to save the country from Sidhu, a dangerous man.

Singh said he had earlier told Sonia Gandhi that he was ready to step down for someone else after winning the assembly elections. However since this did not happen I have to fight now. When asked about his future strategy, he said, "I will talk to my friends and work out the next strategy."

He further said that you can grow old at the age of 70 and young at the age of 70. By saying this, he has given a clear signal that age is not an obstacle for him. He said that Congress could not work if Siddha behaved as a super CM.


Comments