There is a lot of speculation that Yeddyurappa is signing his resignation from the post of CM of Karnataka


Farewell may be announced next week

BENGALURU: Karnataka CM Yeddyurappa has recently issued a statement making it clear that he is stepping down as chief minister. Until now, the way Yeddyurappa was showing his strength, it did not seem that he would step down as CM.

"I will abide by the order of the BJP high command and there is no need for supporters to demonstrate in my support," he said recently. Yeddyurappa said that a program is to be held on July 26 to mark the completion of two years of our government.

After that, I will abide by whatever decision the BJP national president takes. The BJP has a duty to return to power. I urge party workers and saints to cooperate for this.

Yeddyurappa, 78, comes from the Lingayat community. He said that Prime Minister Modi, Home Minister Amit Shah and National President J. P. Nadda has a special affection and trust for me. People over the age of 75 are not given any position in the party.

Even though I was 78 years old, I was given the responsibility of the government by praising my work. The CM of Karnataka said, "I will operate from July 26 on the basis of whatever instructions are given to me on July 25."

Earlier, Yeddyurappa had gone to Delhi and rumors of his departure were rife. However, he dismissed all speculations at the time, saying the party had asked him to continue as chief minister. Thus his show of strength was going on till now, but now his tone has changed.

Comments