Ego overwhelms public service, Governor comments on Mamata Banerjee, who was absent from PM's meeting


Kolkata, Ta. 1 June 2021, Tuesday

West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee did not attend a review meeting with PM Modi on the damage caused by Hurricane Yas recently.

Mamata Banerjee's attitude has now been criticized by Bengal Governor Jagdeep Dhanakhade, who has accused her of lying. "Before the meeting on Friday, Mamata Banerjee sent me a message saying that I would boycott the meeting if Shuvendu Adhikari was present as the Leader of the Opposition," Dhankhade said.

Mamata Banerjee's ego over serving the people was overwhelming, the governor said. Mamata Banerjee texted me on the night of May 27 and asked if I had an urgent talk with you. Mamata then called me and hinted that if the Shuvendu officer was involved in the meeting with the PM, I and other officials would boycott the meeting.

After that, Mamata Banerjee also said that BJP MPs were also present at the meeting and there was no point in attending the meeting if MPs were to be present at the meeting between the Chief Minister and the Prime Minister.

In a letter to the PM yesterday, Mamata Banerjee said, "I not only wanted to talk to you but you also called your party's local MLA and MP." Else I did not mind the presence of the Governor as well as other Union Ministers.

Comments