MP Dinesh Trivedi resigns from Rajya Sabha

New Delhi, dated 12 February 2021, Friday

Mamata Banerjee's Trinamool Congress has suffered a major setback ahead of the West Bengal Assembly elections. TMC MP and former Union Minister Dinesh Trivedi today announced his resignation during the budget debate in the Rajya Sabha.

Dinesh Trivedi may join BJP soon. During the debate in the budget session in the Rajya Sabha, he said, "We are only working for our motherland. I can't see now and I am suffocated as I am confined to one party. However, there is nothing we can do. At the time of the atrocities, my soul is telling me that I should resign and go among the people of Bengal.

"I am resigning from the Rajya Sabha today and I have always worked and will continue to work for the country as well as for West Bengal. It is being denied that now Trivedi will also resign from the TMC," said Dinesh Trivedi. Negotiations are also underway.

It may be mentioned that even before this, a number of bigwigs from Mamata Banerjee's party have resigned and joined the BJP.

Comments