FIR registered against Bengali actress


-Sayoni's announcement hurt the feelings of Hindus?

-Former Governor of Meghalaya lodged a police complaint

Kolkata Dated 18th January 2021 Monday

A complaint was lodged with the police alleging that the meme presented by Bengali actress Sayona Ghosh had hurt the religious sentiments of Hindus.

According to a complaint lodged by BJP leader and former Meghalaya governor Tathagata Roy, the meme presented by Sayona Ghosh had hurt the feelings of Hindus.

However, in her defense, Saina said that the meme was dated February 2015 and I did not post it. Someone hacked my Twitter handle and the hacker posted this.

"You have violated Article 295A of the Indian Penal Code," Tathagata Roy wrote to Sioni on social media. Now get ready to suffer the consequences. In another tweet, Tathagata wrote that a complaint had been lodged against him earlier in Kolkata. A young man from Guwahati told me that his religious sentiments were hurt by your meme and that a police complaint had been lodged against him. I hope the Assam Police will investigate this complaint and interrogate you.

Tathagata also said that someone in Bengaluru had also lodged a police complaint against Sayo.

In response to all these tweets, Sioni wrote defending herself on social media, friends, this meme is from 2015. I did not post this meme. I joined Twitter in 2010 but after a while I was not interested in it but my Twitter account was running. Someone hacked and posted this meme. There is nothing wrong with me. As soon as I found out about this meme, I deleted it. So please, don't get me wrong.

The controversy did not seem likely to end easily.


Comments