Sourav Ganguly refuses to compliment BJP, I am happy with cricket, not interested in politics


- BJP starts preparations for West Bengal elections

Kolkata Tuesday, November 3, 2020

"I am happy and satisfied with cricket," said Sourav Ganguly, a former captain and batsman of the Indian cricket team. I don't want to get into politics.

In West Bengal, the BJP needed a name that would be accepted in all walks of life. The state assembly elections are in 2022. The BJP was already engaged in its preparations. The BJP was keen to engage Bengali celebrities. In that sense, Sourav Ganguly is a perfect candidate for the BJP. Sourav is very popular in West Bengal.

The BJP tried to take Sourav into its wing but Sourav refused compliments. "I am very busy handling the responsibilities of cricket and I am satisfied with that. I am happy with cricket," said Sourav. Sourav is also said to have refused to campaign for the BJP. Just two days ago, all the responsibilities related to the conduct of the West Bengal Assembly elections were handed over to Home Minister Amit Shah.

It was learned that BJP leaders were upset over Sourav's refusal.

Comments