Rape took place in Lucknow, complaint lodged in Nagpur, calling for financial help


- Lucknow accused turned out to be a friend of the police

New Delhi on 5 October 2020 Monday

A 22-year-old Nepali woman was raped several times by a youth in a house in Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh. The woman fled the scene and lodged a police complaint in Nagpur, Maharashtra, 900 km away by taxi.

Asked why she did not lodge a complaint in Lucknow, the woman said, "The young man who tortured me in Lucknow was a friend of some police, so I had no chance of getting justice." The woman traveled 900 kilometers to file a complaint of rape.

The accused from Lucknow is said to be Praveen Yadav. The plaintiff woman said she called me on the pretext of helping financially. Then my physical abuse started. He also made a video of me being abused and posted it on social media. Since then he has been constantly blackmailing me.

"We had registered a complaint in the case but sent it to Lucknow as per the rules," Nagpur police said.


Comments