After 5 years of hard work and yet Gehlot became CM, this power is not a matter of self-esteem: Pilot


New delhi date. 15 July 2020, Wednesday

Sachin Pilot, who showed rebellious attitude in Rajasthan, has been removed from the post of state president and deputy chief minister on July 14. Sachin Pilot has taken a hard line against Ashok Gehlot and the Congress has accused him of conspiring with the Bharatiya Janata Party to overthrow the government. After the entire game, Sachin Pilot gave his first interview in which he spoke openly. At the same time, he made it clear that he was not in favor of the Bharatiya Janata Party and was not joining the BJP.

Question: Why are you annoyed with Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot?

A: I am not offended by them and I am not demanding any special power. All I want is for the Congress government to fulfill the promises made to the people of Rajasthan during the elections. In the election we campaigned against the government of Vasundhara Raje, which had the issue of illegal mining but after coming to power Ashok Gehlotji did nothing and started walking the same path. The Rajasthan High Court reversed an old decision last year and asked Vasundhara Raje to vacate the bungalow but the Ashok Gehlot government challenged it in the Supreme Court instead of implementing the decision.

On one hand Ashok Gehlot is helping the former Chief Minister and on the other hand he is not giving me and my supporters a place to work in the development of Rajasthan. Officers were told not to obey my order, I was not being sent files. Legislative forces and cabinet meetings have not been held for months. What is the use of such a position if I cannot fulfill the promises given to the people?

Question: Why didn't you raise these issues at the party level?

A: I have raised this issue many times. I spoke to Avinash Pandey in charge and other senior leaders, even to Ashok Gehlot himself on the issue. But when there is no meeting of ministers and legislators, there is no room for controversy and dialogue.

Question: You were not present when Ashok Gehlot called the assembly meeting. Can you raise issues there too?

A: My self-esteem has been hurt. The state police handed me a treason notice. If you remember, during the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, we were talking about removing such a law. And here a Congress government is holding a notice to its own minister. The step I took was against injustice. When it comes to the whip, it only works in the House of Representatives. The chief minister called the meeting at his home, not at the party office.

Question: Ashok Gehlot alleges that you are trying to overthrow the government together with the BJP?

Answer: None of these claims are true. I have worked hard to win the Congress in Rajasthan. Why should I work against the party?

Question: Now that you have been ousted, how will you move forward in Congress?

A: Let the atmosphere calm down a bit. Not even 24 hours yet. I am still a Congress worker. I have to discuss my move with my supporters.

Question: Will you join the BJP? The BJP is saying that the door is open for you.

A: I want to make it clear in advance that I am not joining the BJP. All I want to say right now is that I will continue to work for my people.

Question: Are you in touch with BJP leaders? Did you visit Om Mathur or Jyotiraditya Scindia?

A: I have not met any BJP leader. I have not met Jyotiraditya Scindia or Om Mathur for the last six months.

Question: Why is it so important for you to be the Chief Minister? Your party says you have been given many positions at such a young age. Are you becoming ambitious?

A: It's not just about becoming chief minister. I spoke of the CM post when I led the party to victory in 2018. I had the right logic. By the time I took over as president, the party had won 21 of the 200 seats. I worked for five years and Gehlotji did not say a word. But soon after his election victory, Gehlotji filed a suit for the Chief Minister's post. Based on experience, but what is his experience?

He has twice been chief minister before 2018. His party did worse than expected from opinion polls, which saw them at gaining about 56 seats. Yet he was made chief minister for the third time. Yes, I accepted Rahul Gandhi's decision and he became the Chief Minister. At Rahul's request, I also became the Deputy Chief Minister. Rahul Gandhi talked about equal distribution of power but Gehlotji started sidelining me.

Question: Did Rahul Gandhi intervene in this matter? Did you talk to him

Answer: Rahul Gandhi is no longer the Congress president. Ever since Rahul resigned, Gehlotji and his AICC friends have taken a stand against me. Since then it has become difficult to preserve my self-esteem.

Question: Did the Gandhi family talk to you? Did you try to meet him?

A: I have not spoken to Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi. Priyanka Gandhi spoke to me but it was a personal matter which was not resolved.

Question: What is your demand? Were you seeking space for chief ministers and ministers?

A: I have not made any such demand. All I wanted was a place to work with self-respect, which I was promised. I want to say again that this is not a matter of power, this is a matter of self-esteem.

Comments