40 varieties of mangoes grown on the roof of the house, a wonder of Ernakulam area of ​​Kerala


Ernakulam Ta. Thursday 30 July 2020

Thus the brother is an air conditioner technician. But Bapdada has also maintained his farming business as a hobby.

In his spare time, while farming and horticulture, this man has grown forty varieties of mangoes on the roof of his house. Joseph Francis, a 62-year-old AC technician, has also been fond of experimenting in agriculture. Initially successful experiments in growing roses and mushrooms, he tried to grow different varieties of mangoes which were also successful. Earlier, he had grown oats, tomatoes, papayas and curries.

Talking to the media about this, he said that I had seen different varieties of roses for my little one (mom's mom). My mama brought a variety of rose plants from all over the country. That inspired me to do such experiments. These experiments gained momentum when I moved into a new home with my wife. I also started with roses.

Then I became more interested in mango than in various experiments. Some people plant mangoes in large pots. I wondered why we did such an experiment in a plastic drum. You will not get much success but you will learn something new. To the amazement of all of us, mangoes grew in PVC pips. So my enthusiasm grew and I got different varieties of mangoes and started growing them in different barrels.

Joseph has also grown new varieties of mangoes through grafting. He named himself Patricia after his wife. Today there are forty varieties of mangoes on their roof, including Alfonso, Sapphire, Langado, Malgovo. Some even bear fruit twice a year.

Now every Sunday people from the surrounding area come to see the mango orchard on the terrace. Sometimes Joseph gives guidance if someone asks for details or guidance about it.


Comments