Targeting a Dalit professor now at BHU

Benares Ta. 10 December 2019, Tuesday

At Banaras Hindu University, a Muslim professor who taught Sanskrit earlier was harassed, now a Dalit professor was being targeted.

This Dalit professor supported Feroz Khan, a Muslim professor teaching Sanskrit. So now Dalit professors have become the target of mischief.

Shanti Lal Salvi, a Dalit professor at the Faculty of Sanskrit Vidya Dharma Science, on Monday alleged that the naughty students ran and tried to beat him on Monday.

The professor's only point was that he supported Feroz Khan, a Muslim-educated professor, and spoke in favor of Feroz Khan.

Students have been protesting since the beginning of November on the issue of Feroz Khan. At one point the atmosphere became so polluted that Professor Firoz Khan had to go underground.

Professor Salvi said that as I was leaving my faculty, a group of students started making inappropriate statements about my caste, which were turned into periods. Then some students were shocked by the feeling of attacking me. When I ran to my rescue, they constantly ran me.

In a letter to the university's chief proctor OP Ryan, Professor Salvi alleged that some senior professors were inciting students.

Talking to the media, Professor Salvi said that there is a professor in my department who is spreading rumors among students that the present Ph.D. My wife is Muslim and sister of Professor Feroz Khan so I was doing Feroz Khan's favorite.

On Monday evening, Professor Salvi and other twenty-two professors met with the Vice-Chancellor and Chief Procurator of the University and discussed the issue. Professor Salvi said that I am going to make a police complaint against the students.

Comments