Millennium Star Amitabh Bachchan Dadasaheb Phalke Awarded


New delhi date. December 29, 2019, Sunday

New Delhi: President Amitabh Bachchan was honored with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the highest honor of Indian cinema, at the Rashtrapati Bhavan today.

President Ramnath Kovind honored Amitabh at the Grand Prize of the President, gold medal of gold for the award, cash prize of Rs.

Amitabh Bachchan, the world renowned megastar who started his career with seven Hindustani films, was honored with the highest honor in the Indian film world at the age of 77. Amitabh along with his wife Jaya Bachchan and son Abhishek Bachchan were present at the ceremony. In addition, the winners of the National Award were also present.

After the ceremony, Hi-T was organized by the President for guests including Amitabh. Accepting the award, Amitabh thanked him and said that I would like to thank the Government of India, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting as well as the judges for declaring my performance worthy of the award.

God has been kind to me and the blessings of my parents have been on me too. The film directors, producers and fellow actors have always supported me, though the biggest debt I owe to the Indian audience. His love and encouragement is what has brought me here. I accept this award with great humility and gratitude.

Comments