This is the low end of my reputation: Justice Arun Mishra

New delhi date. Wednesday 16 October 2019

A respected Supreme Court Justice Arun Mishra tweeted in a sad way that a dirty attempt to undermine my reputation was being made on social media.

Justice Arun Mishra is the head of a Constitutional Bench consisting of five judges. The other judges of this bench include Justice Indira Banerjee. Justice Vinit Saran, Justice AR Shah and Justice Ravindra Bhatt.

This constitutional bench is handling the cases on land acquisition. On Tuesday, Justice Mishra said that God was a witness to my responsibility. It is an insult to the court to try to repay my reputation. But I am not going to shy away from such criticism.

A senior lawyer, Shyam Diwan, alleged on social media that the judgment is likely to be disturbed if Justice Arun Mishra handles these cases. Justice Mishra termed the statement as an insult to the court and an attempt to pummel his reputation.

Justice Mishra, in turn, questioned whether this was not an insult to me and the Chief Justice of the country. In this case, I have been selected by the Chief Justice. You doubt my sincerity, you insult the Supreme Court and the Chief Justice as well.

You could talk to me face to face. But you didn't do it because you wanted to damage my reputation. You made this false accusation on social media. But now I am not going to be scared and give up the responsibility of this case.

Comments