Maryam, don't take my name like this, somewhere your husband will be offended: Imran


Islamabad, Dt

Former Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan's scathing remarks about former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's daughter Maryam Nawaz have caused a stir in Pakistani politics. His ex-wife Reham Khan slammed Imran's remarks, saying "I am ashamed to be associated with this man."

During a public meeting in Sargodha, Multan, Imran Khan was criticized by people, including the opposition, on social media for making indecent remarks about Nawaz Sharif's daughter and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz vice-president Maryam Nawaz. At a public meeting in Multan, Imran Khan said that an acquaintance of his sent him a clip of Maryam Nawaz's speech on social media. Imran said I watched this clip. Maryam Nawaz mentioned my name several times in her speech. I want to tell them to look at Mary, be careful, the way you take my name, lest your husband be offended.

Imran's statement started trending on social media. Imran Khan was subsequently sharply criticized by people, especially women, including the Leader of the Opposition. Many termed Imran Khan's statement as 'sexist and misogynist'. Imran's critics include his ex-wife and journalist Reham Khan. "I am just ashamed to be associated with such a bad man," he said. They do not even respect the women of their house or anyone else's house.

Comments