Gujarati boy expelled for wearing beads in Australia


Football Queensland has apologized to the Patel family

I would rather follow religion than break a bell for a match: 12-year-old Shubh

BRISBANE: A 12-year-old Hindu boy named Shubh Patel was kicked off the field by a referee for wearing a tulsi garland around his neck before the start of a football match in Australia, according to a report in Australia Today.

"I would rather follow my religion than just break my neck to play a football match," 12-year-old Shubh Patel told the media.

The 12-year-old from the Tuwong Club said it was against the principles of Hinduism to remove a throat from the throat, said Shubhe, a staunch satsang of the Swaminarayan sect. "If I had removed my throat from my throat, my God would have felt at that time that I had lost faith in him," Patel said. The teenager further told the media that wearing a garland gives him a sense of security.

After being removed from the field, Shubhe sat on the side and watched his team play the match. However, this is the first time Shubh has been asked to remove a bead from his neck, as he has previously played 15 matches in football and wore the bead throughout all those matches. However, football Queensland apologized to the Tuwong Soccer Club and the Shubh Patelwa family for raising the issue in the media.

Comments