Poonawala, who was on his way to Britain for fear of threats, said he would return soon.

New Delhi, May 2, 2021

Adar Poonawala, CEO of the Serum Institute, a vaccine manufacturer in India, is leaving for Britain out of fear of threats.

The incident has caused a stir in India. Meanwhile, CEO Adar Poonawala has said that he will return to India soon. He tweeted that a meeting was held with all allies in Britain. Running in full swing. I look forward to returning soon and reviewing the product.

"I was threatened on the phone by some of the most powerful people in India for the supply of vaccines," Poonawala told a London newspaper.

It is pertinent to mention that the Government of India has recently provided Central Security Force security to Poonawala only because of such threats.

"I am staying in Britain longer than scheduled. Because I don't want to go back to where I am, everything is on my shoulders and I can't do it alone. I can't. The expectation of the people and their aggression is unprecedented. This is too much for me.

Comments