The Modi government is targeting me because it is involved in a case, Robert Vadra said

New Delhi, dated 6 January 2021, Wednesday

The Income-tax department has initiated proceedings against Rahul Gandhi's son-in-law and Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi's husband Robert Vadra, who has retaliated against the Modi government.

In a conversation with a news channel, Vadra said, "Whenever the Modi government gets involved in a matter, it targets me. Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi have asked questions to the Modi government on the peasant movement and the Modi government is targeting me."

The IT department interrogated Robert Vadra for two days on Monday and Tuesday. A team from Vadra's office also took some electronic evidence with them.

"Whatever is in front of the account, what more will you ask me? I will tell you whatever you ask. All this is happening knowingly because I belong to a certain family. However, I am not going to flee the country for fear of anyone," Vadra said. I am being pressured. I am a law abiding person and I will pay back whatever business I have done. I have not done anything wrong and I will continue to fight.

"Today my family is working hard for the country and the government wants to divert people's attention from the real issues. That is why I am being used. The government should help the farmers," he said.

Comments