PM Modi says I don't like publicity for work done for Muslims: Former Vice President Dr Hamid Ansari


- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said this

New delhi date. Thursday 28 January 2021

Former Vice President Dr Hamid Ansari has written that Prime Minister Narendra Modi had told him that he did not like the politics of publicizing the work done for Muslims.

After incumbent President Pranab Mukherjee, the current Prime Minister Narendra Modi was mentioned in the book 'By Many a Happy Accident' by now Vice President Dr Hamid Ansari.

Referring to a meeting with Narendra Modi in 2007, Dr. Ansari wrote, "I met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at a function. I asked him why did you allow the post-Godhra violence to happen? In reply, Modi said that no one takes note of the good deeds we have done for Muslims. We have done a lot of work, especially in the direction of educating Muslim sisters. I asked Modi why he did not disclose the details. Then Modi said that publicity of good deeds done for Muslims does not suit my politics.

Dr Ansari further wrote that even amid the uproar in the Rajya Sabha, Modi was insisting on getting some proposals approved. However, Modi did not insist that any proposal be approved in a day. But the BJP alliance (NDA) felt that if we had a clear majority in the Lok Sabha, we had a moral right to get the proposal approved in the Rajya Sabha. One day suddenly Prime Minister Modi reached the Rajya Sabha Secretariat. I was amazed to see the Prime Minister. I welcomed him. The Prime Minister told me that I expect you to have more responsibility. But you do not help us. In reply, I said that the work I am doing in the Rajya Sabha is thus in the public eye. Then the Prime Minister said why don't you allow the bill to pass between the noise and the commotion.

Thus he mentioned his uneasy relationship with the Central Government in gentle words in the book.

Comments