Home of a young man who converted to Hinduism was set on fire, five arrested

Lucknow, Ta. 5 January 2021, Tuesday

In a shocking incident in Rae Bareli district of UP, the house of a person who converted from Muslim to Hindu has been set on fire.

The entire family was at home when the fire broke out. The family members managed to save their lives but the whole house was set on fire. Police say police have been deployed in the area and five people have been arrested.

Dev Prakash is the name of the person whose house was set on fire. Earlier, his name was Anwar. In September 2020, he converted to Islam with his family. Some people in his village did not like him.

"Former sarpanch Mohammad Tahir and his associates were outraged that I had converted to Islam. A fire broke out on Saturday afternoon when I was at home with my children. People around us noticed us. I saw them running away with the children," Dev Prakash said. That Tahir and his brother were setting fire to my house. I then informed the police.

According to the police, there is a dispute between Dev Prakash and Tahir over land. On the other hand, Tahir has denied all the allegations.

Comments