Jammu and Kashmir: Mehbooba says me and my daughter have been detained again

Srinagar, Ta. 27 November 2020, Friday

Mehbooba Mufti, former CM of Jammu and Kashmir and leader of the People's Democratic Party, has again alleged that the government has detained me and placed me and my daughter under house arrest.

"I have been barred from meeting the family of Waheed Para, president of the party's youth wing," Mufti said.

Waheed Para has been detained by the NIA in a case related to terrorism and Mehbooba wanted to meet his family members. I have been detained. For two days now, the Tantra of Jammu and Kashmir has not allowed me to meet Waheed Para's family. BJP ministers and leaders like their puppets have been allowed to travel all over Kashmir.

"Waheed Para has also been arrested on false charges. I am not even allowed to console his family. Even my daughter has been placed under house arrest," Mehbooba alleged.

Waheed Para has been arrested on charges of being involved in the case of police officer Devinder Singh, who was earlier arrested for infiltrating terrorists.


Comments