Controversy erupts in Uttar Pradesh over woman minister calling deputy tehsildar a hooligan


- 'PM doesn't like me taking action against mine mafia'

Lucknow dated 8th October 2020 Thursday

In Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh, a controversy erupted when Minister of State for Women's Welfare and Child Welfare Swati Singh called the Deputy Tehsildar a hooligan at a public function.

A video of Swati Singh's speech also went viral on social media. Swati Singh arrived at a public function in Sarojini Nagar, Lucknow and said in public, 'Is this the Deputy Tehsildar or a goon? I don't want people in my tehsil who create news ... and today is tehsil day. All the other officers of the tehsil department are here. Where were you wandering? '

Swati Singh could not be reached for comment after the video clip was released on social media. Manish Tripathi, the deputy tehsildar whom he termed a hooligan, said, "This minister does not like me taking action against the mine mafia, so I am eyeing him." I always carry my weapon because I know my life is in danger. I am constantly taking action against those who are digging sand illegally. So this Prime Minister was offended. My senior officer knows I keep up with the weapon. I often have to raid at night. So I have to keep up with the weapon.

He further said that on Tuesday, I got a call from the Prime Minister's PA that the Prime Minister wants you to be present at the event. I was angry because I couldn't go. Some officers of our department were killed by sand mafia in the past so we have to work hard to catch such sand mafia.

Lucknow District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash was contacted on the matter and declined to comment when asked about the incident.


Comments

Post a Comment

What you think about this NEWS please post your valuable comments on this article, we will immediately publish your comments on this page