Sadhu Ram Vilas Vedanti said before the verdict of the special court, yes, we have broken the ruins, I am ready to be hanged ....


-There was, is and will be a temple

New Delhi, 30 September 2020, Wednesday

We demolished the controversial construction of Babri Masjid. "Even if the court sentences me to death, I am ready to go to the gallows," said Vilas Vedanti, a monk from Ayodhya and an active member of the Ram Janmabhoomi Trust. Twenty-eight years ago, on December 6, 1992, a special court in Lucknow is set to give its verdict today against the so-called culprits who demolished what the Supreme Court itself termed as a controversial building in Ayodhya.

Speaking to media a few hours before the verdict, Vedanti claimed that there was, is and will be a temple at the site of the controversial construction. Former Deputy Prime Minister LK Advani, former Union Minister Dr Murli Manohar Joshi for demolishing the so-called Babri Masjid. The case against Sadhvi Uma Bharti and two dozen others has been going on for the last two and a half decades. Like Vedanti, Uma Bharti also said that even if I am convicted, I will not apply for bail.

The oldest in this case is LK Advani. If convicted, he could face up to three to five years in prison.

"I am proud to have demolished the ruins," Vedanti said. We had full faith that the temple was, is and will remain a temple at the base of that structure. I am ready to go to the gallows even if the special court finds me guilty and sentences me to death. Vedanti also said that history says that if Babur never came to Ayodhya, how could there be a mosque named after him. The history testifies that Ram was born in Ayodhya.


Comments