British MP who was criticized for Article 370 was deported from Delhi airport to Dubai


(PTI) New Delhi, London, Ta. February 17, 2020, Monday

Debbie Abrahams, a British MP who criticized Jammu and Kashmir's decision to cancel special status, was not admitted to India. Although he was not allowed to leave the airport without a valid visa, he was sent from Delhi airport to Dubai.

However, the Government of India has rejected the allegations of the British MP saying that the British MP had already been informed that his e-visa had been revoked. President of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Kashmir and Labor Party MP Debbie Abrahams has been against India's Kashmir policy.

He said on Twitter that when he arrived in Delhi on Monday morning, he was informed that his e-visa had been canceled. It is worth mentioning that these visas were valid till October 2020.

Meanwhile, a spokeswoman for the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs has said that British MPs were properly informed that their visas were canceled. Although he was aware of this, he had come to Delhi.

About this, Abraham states that I did not receive any email before February 13 and since then I have been on tour and away from my office. The British MP said that when he appeared at the immigration desk along with his document and e-visa, the officer looked at his screen and informed me that my visa had been canceled.

He then took my passport and disappeared for ten minutes. The officer returned and started to get angry with me and told me to come with me. The British MP was then deported to Dubai.

Comments