Deepika's 'Chhapak' again in dispute, acid lawyer advocate in court to block film


New Delhi, Jan 9, 2020, Thursday

Bollywood star Deepika Padukone's film Chhapak has become another controversy.

Lakshmi's lawyer has filed a petition in Patiala House Court in Delhi demanding that the film be stopped.

Lawyer Arpana Bhatt said that the victim of acid attack was a film based on the life of a young girl named Lakshmi Aggarwal. As a lawyer I have been fighting for Lakshmi several times. Nevertheless, I have not been credited in any place in the film for this. I was annoyed to see the movie premiere.

The lawyer said that the producers consulted with me when the producers started preparing for the film. It was then decided that my name would be as a lawyer. However in the premiere I noticed that the people who were thanked were not my name. If only Lakshmi was given credit, I do not mind. Because she reserves credit.

Meanwhile, the court also said after the petition, the filmmakers wanted to show the name of the petitioner.

It is worth mentioning that the print film is based on the life of Lakshmi Agrawal, who suffered an acid attack in 2005.

Comments