I don't eat garlic onion so I don't mind the price hike

New Delhi, Dec 5, 2019, Thursday

Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman answered a question in the Lok Sabha saying that I do not eat onion garlic and therefore raising the price of onion in my family does not matter.

For the past few days, the issue of rising prices of onion has been debated in the Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha. Nirmala answered this in response to a question from an MP. BJP's Mowdy Mandal may have been shocked by this answer.

Onion, considered to be the musk of the poor, currently sells for Rs 100 per kg. Nirmala's reply was heavily criticized in the media. Nirmala stressed that onions are not consumed in my family so we did not have any difference from the prices.

However, he also claimed that our government had taken several steps to reduce onion prices. Nirmala did not disclose how many, if any, steps were taken by the government.

Comments