Honestly played for Pakistan but no one helped when needed: Kaneria

Islamabad, Ta. 29. December, 2019

I have played hard and honestly for the country but when I needed help the Pakistan Cricket Board and others did not come forward, ”said Danish Kaneria, a Hindu cricketer from Pakistan.

Kaneria has also come to terms with the ex-Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar, who blamed Danish players for discriminating against Kaneria as a Hindu.

On Saturday, he posted a YouTube video saying, "I have played cricket sincerely and hard for 10 years for Pakistan." I was not accused in match fixing but nobody came forward to help me.

It is worth mentioning that, in 2012, Kaneria was accused of spot-fixing while playing in England. Later, the England Cricket Board imposed a lifelong ban on Kaneria.

The 39-year-old leg-spinner said, "I did not tolerate humiliation in the team very often, but it never stopped affecting my game." I played cricket for my country. I have never complained about anything.

Those who accuse me of match-fixing first know what accusations I was accused of. Then talk to me. I was accused of inciting fellow cricketers and it disrupted the game. I have accepted both these allegations.

Comments