Godse has not been called a patriot yet I apologize: Pragya Thakur


Thakur also demanded prosecution of privilege on Rahul Gandhi

New delhi date. November 29, 2019, Friday

From Bhopal, BJP MP Pragya Thakur filed an unconditional apology in the Lok Sabha within three clicks and then a second time. The opposition had a huge uproar in the Lok Sabha over its statement that Mahatma Gandhi's assassin Nathuram Godse was considered a patriot.

Pragya Thakur apologized on condition of action on Godse controversy on Friday over former Congress president Rahul Gandhi calling him a terrorist, but disputed this. In the Lok Sabha, he said that I did not call Nathuram Godse a patriot, but I apologize if anyone was offended.

Pragya Thakur apologized for the second time in the Lok Sabha, saying, "I did not call Nathuram Godse patriotic during the debate on the SPG bill on 27-11-2019, but I apologize if anyone was offended by my remarks."

Earlier at 12 noon, Pragya Thakur had apologized to the Lok Sabha even though the opposition continued to swear. The chairperson then called for an all-party meeting, in which it was decided that Pragya would apologize a second time at the Thakur House.

Pragya Thakur, who apologized for the first time in the Lok Sabha, regretted his statement, but with this, he attacked the former Congress president Rahul Gandhi by name, causing controversy.

Pragya Thakur said, I apologize if anybody was offended by the comment I made in the most recent incident. But I also want to say that my statement in Parliament has been subverted. I have something else to say, which is misrepresented.

BJP MP from Bhopal added, "I honor Mahatma Gandhi's country service. But I would like to point out to the house that I was publicly called a terrorist by an honorable member of the house, with no conspiracy ever formed by the then government to prove me guilty, until the court convicted me. Is the opposite.

Trying to humiliate me by attacking my honor as a woman, as an MP, as a hermit, as a terrorist without any justification.

I want to ask the House that a woman MP is called a terrorist by an MP with no proportion. So can anyone question this MP? Will they even be prosecuted?

I also complain of privilege contempt at home in this subject. Chairman Om Birla will decide whether to accept the notice of breach of privilege against Rahul Gandhi. With this demand of Thakur, a swing in the Lok Sabha had begun.

In the Lok Sabha, Congress leader Adhar Ranjan Chowdhury objected to Pragya Thakur's statement, saying that he did not apologize at all. 'Down Down Gods' slogans begin to be heard after Thakur's statement

Comments