What did Gandhi say in a radio address to refugees from Pakistan?


Gandhi also addressed the refugees from Pakistan for the first time on All India Radio for the first time on November 7, after the partition. In particular, Gandhi used this folk medium to address 5 lakh people in a desperate camp in Kurukshetra. For this, Gandhiji Khud reached Delhi's Akashwani Bhavan. This was his first and last address on All India Radio.

Gandhiji started by saying that my unhappy brothers and sisters, Moose didn't know, except that you or Muaz had no Sunita Bhi Hai. In a 5-minute speech, he said that I did not know that I was going to say something like this. This is another experience I have had when I went to England for a roundtable conference. I'm a stranger. I am not taking any interest. Because of my life-long endeavor, I have been able to accept the pain. When I learned that there are currently 2.5 lakh refugees, it is still very sad to know that the flow of refugees is going on. I was alarmed to reach you.


The people of this huge refugee camp in Kurukshetra had heard this radio outbreak of Gandhiji. A large radio set was set up in the middle of the camp. Gandhiji's radio broadcasts were being transmitted to more and more people by connecting them with loudspeakers. His radio voice acted as a balm for refugees suffering the deepest wounds of division.


Comments