Ram temple built in Ayodhya, the first brick I will put: descendant of Babar


Lucknow, Ta. 18 August 2019, Sunday

Yakub Habibuddin Tusi, a descendant of Bahadur Shah Zafar, the last ruler of the Mughal Empire, has expressed his desire to build a Ram temple in Ayodhya.

In an interview to an English newspaper, Tusi said that no one owns the ownership of the land for which the dispute has been settled. Therefore, as a descendant of the Mughal clan, I have the right to speak before the court. I should be heard once.

However, when the court did not accept Tusi's request to be a party to the Ram temple affair, Tusi said that he should hear me at least once. In 1529, the first Mughal ruler Babar built a Babri mosque to give his soldiers a place to pray. This space was for soldiers only and not for anyone else. I don't want to get into the debate about whether there was a temple before or not. But if the Hindus are expecting this place to be the birthplace of Lord Ram, I would respect their sentiments as a true Muslim.

He said, "I do not own any papers to own this place but I own this land as a successor of Mughal dynasty and if I get possession of this land then I will donate it to build the temple." Not only that, my family will donate the first brick for temple construction. This brick will also be of gold.

Comments