ED summons Congress leader D Sivakumar for having more assets than revenue

New delhi date. Friday 30th August 2019

Veteran Congress leader and former Union minister D Shivakumar sent summons to the Enforcement Directorate and asked to appear before him.

He was asked to answer the question of where to bring more wealth than the source of income. Shiv Kumar had filed a petition with the Karnataka High Court to quash the ED summons, but after the High Court rejected the petition, Shiv Kumar will now have to appear before the ED.

Shiv Kumar said in the High Court that my case is a normal case of Income Tax. I have filed an Income Tax return. There is no case for money laundering. Last night I received a summons in which I was asked to be present at one o'clock on Friday (today) afternoon.

He claimed that for the past two years my mother's property was investigated by various government agencies as anonymous property and I was involved in the investigation. I didn't do anything wrong. I myself was told by Karnataka BJP leaders that now you are going to be harassed.

In fact, the ED filed a money laundering case against him last year. ED officials said a case has been filed against him for tax evasion and hawala transactions.

Comments