Rawat kept me in the dark on Congress 'backfoot' in Punjab: Amarinder


Captain is leaving Congress under pressure: Rawat

After the Chief Minister and the President, now Punjab Congress is also preparing to change the in-charge, Rahul's confidant is likely to be held accountable.

Amid controversy in the Punjab Congress, Chief Minister Channy met Prime Minister Modi in Delhi, discussing the issue of states

New Delhi: The controversy in the Punjab Congress is growing day by day. Captain Amarinder Singh is preparing for a coup. In it, Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channy had a meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday. In which various issues of the state were discussed. After the change of Chief Minister and President, the Congress is now preparing to change the charge of Punjab.

Rahul Gandhi's close aides may be given this responsibility. Harish Rawat is currently in charge of Punjab. However, both Harish Rawat and Captain Amarinder Singh are blaming each other. Harish Rawat scoffed at the captain and said that no one is unfaithful, there must have been some compulsion.

He also said that Captain Amarinder Singh seems to be under some pressure and that is why he is leaving the Congress. Yesterday the captain said he would leave Congress because he had been insulted. He also met BJP leader Amit Shah and National Security Adviser Ajit Dobhal in Delhi. So there is speculation that he will join the BJP.

Capt Amarinder Singh, on the other hand, said, "I resigned from the Congress just three weeks before I was removed as Chief Minister. But Sonia Gandhi did not accept my offer and asked me to stay in the Congress." The Congress leader also claimed that the Congress was in dire straits in Punjab at present.

I am no longer surprised that senior leaders like Harish Rawat of the Congress are questioning my secularism. Rawat's remarks are proof that I have no respect in the Congress party as before. Striking Harish Rawat, the captain said, "Rawat is openly insulting me. I don't want to be in Congress anymore."

However, he also clarified that reports of joining the BJP are just rumors and I do not agree with it. I will leave the Congress but not join the BJP. Earlier, Harish Rawat had said that Captain Amarinder Singh had failed to work on important issues like drugs and electricity. There was talk across the state that both Captain and Leader of the Opposition Badal were helping each other.

I was constantly in touch with them on such issues and five times I discussed with them. No results, however. Congress has given him a lot of respect. At the same time, Rawat praised Chief Minister Channy. On the other hand, the Congress is now preparing to remove Harish Rawat from the charge of Punjab.

Comments