I will be an MP, but I will not do politics: Babul Supriyo


The tone changed after the interview with J P Nadda

Supriyo was saddened to be dropped after a cabinet expansion last month

New Delhi: The tone of West Bengal MP Babul Supriyo, who recently announced his retirement from politics, has changed after a meeting with BJP president JP Nadda.

Babul Supriyo is an MP from Asansol in West Bengal. After meeting BJP president JP Nadda, Babul Supriyo said, "I will fulfill my constitutional duty for Asansol, but I will not take part in politics." In addition, I will not join the other party. I will vacate the bungalow I got as an MP from Delhi and release the security personnel from their duty.

Recently, BJP MP Babul Supriyo announced his retirement from politics on social media. "In politics, I just came to serve the people," he said, posting on social media. Now I have decided to change my path. It is not necessary to be in politics to serve the people. I can do this even if I stay away from politics.

Babul Supriyo was dropped from the cabinet after a cabinet expansion last month. He then wrote this post on social media. He looked sad in it. Even so, his statements came to a halt after he lost the assembly elections in West Bengal.

The BJP's high command became active after Babul Supriyo took a sudden decision. Party president J P Nadda had a one-hour meeting with Supriyo on Sunday. The two also met on Monday. JP Nadda asked Babul Supriyo to reconsider his decision.

Comments