I am on the ground, I did not visit in a helicopter, Uddhav Thackeray taunted PM Modi

Mumbai, May 22, 2021, Saturday

The hurricane also wreaked havoc in the Konkan region of Maharashtra. The BJP had criticized Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray's visit to the area. In response, Thackeray scoffed at PM Modi's visit to Gujarat.

It may be mentioned that PM Modi had conducted an aerial survey of the devastation of the hurricane in Gujarat. "At least I was on the ground and I was personally visiting the hurricane-hit areas," Thackeray said. I did not do an aerial survey while sitting in a helicopter.

Uddhav Thackeray visited the two districts and asked the officials to present the figure by estimating how much damage has been done. Meanwhile, BJP leaders in the state and former CM Devendra Fadnavis said, "I am shocked to learn that Uddhav Thackeray had come to visit for barely three hours and was also making political remarks."

However, Thackeray responded to the criticism by saying, "Even though I went there for four hours, I was still on the ground." I didn't sit in a helicopter to take a photo. I have nothing more to say. I am not here to respond to opposition criticism.

Comments