Popular shireer Khalil Dhantejvi, winner of 2019 Narasimha Mehta Award, has passed away


- I'm Khalil, I'm dead today, not the first incident,

Lifetime installments were paid daily.

New delhi date. Sunday, April 4, 2021

Well known Gujarati and Urdu ghazal writer, poet Khalil Dhantejvi passed away early Sunday morning at the age of 86. After performing the morning prayers, his health deteriorated and then the bright star of the Gujarati literary world fell. His death has left an indelible mark in the field of Gujarati literature.

Khalil Dhantejvi has said goodbye to this funny world. His real name was Khalil Ismail Makrani and he was born on December 12, 1935 in the village of Dhantej in Vadodara. He took the surname Dhantejvi from the name of the village.

In addition to literature, he was also involved in journalism for years. He wrote novels from which Gujarati films were also made. Khalilbhai also acted as a screenwriter in many Gujarati films. He also received state awards for writing and directing the film Divorce.

In 2019, he was awarded the Narasimha Mehta Award. Earlier, in 2013, he received the Wali Gujarati Ghazal Award. He was also awarded the Kalapi Award in 2003.

Khalil Dhantejvi was a columnist for Gujarat Samachar. In Ravipurti, Takora was writing a column with an open door. He was writing about current trends in a column called The Fourth Corner of the Triangle in Wednesday's Shatdal Purti.

Now I look at the ration queues

I will punish you for leaving your fields

This ghazal was sung by famous singer Jagjit Singh.

* Their well-known shares *

Khalil, I am dead today, this is not the first incident,

Lifetime installments were paid daily.

*

One is that life is short,

There was a lifetime of silence in it.

Somewhere it took us a while,

Somewhere we got the news wrong.

*

Khalil, whether I come tomorrow or not in these mehfils,

What difference does it make if someone is not here?

*

Somewhere four die,

Somewhere ten times die;

Both Hindus and Muslims are safe,

Man often dies.

*

Rug rug breaks from rom rom,

Even so, owning one is still beyond the reach of the average person.

If there is an empty ghazal, let's score,

This is a matter of the heart, the breath goes away!

*

I will not leave my face and come to meet you,

I will not break the mirror and come to meet you.

Khalil! If I come, I will come as soon as it is revealed,

I will not come to meet you with my head covered

Comments