A young man has been sentenced by a court to 13 months in prison for blindfolding a teenager

New Delhi, April 11, 2021

A Poxo court in Mumbai has sentenced a 20-year-old man to 13 months in jail along with a fine of Rs 15,000.

A 14-year-old girl had lodged a complaint against a 20-year-old man. During the court proceedings, the teenager told the court that on February 29, when I was out with my sister, a young man living in my neighborhood first winked at me and then gave me a flying kiss. That is, the accused has done this before.

The victim's mother said that the victim had earlier complained about the behavior of the accused and I also reprimanded the accused for this. She then lodged a complaint with the police.

Defense counsel, on the other hand, said that the case was not properly investigated and the accused did not do so with the intention of sexually abusing her.

Comments