Will Trinamool MP Shatabdi Roy leave the party?


-Said resentment on social media

- Publicly thanked the supporters

Kolkata 15th January 2021 Friday

Shatabdi Roy, a well-known West Bengal actress and Trinamool Congress MP, hinted that she was leaving the party. He expressed his displeasure against the party on social media.

At present, the Trinamool Congress seems to be on the verge of defecting. With the state assembly elections coming up this year, Mamata Banerjee was feeling lonely. The BJP on the one hand and Asaduddin Owaisi on the other seemed to be crushing Mamata.

Shatabdi is an MP from Virbhum. He expressed his displeasure in a post on Facebook. "People keep asking me why you don't appear in various programs," Shatabdi wrote. I really like coming to party events but I am not informed about party events so I am not present. You all loved me as an actress and as an MP. You have been sending me to the Lok Sabha continuously since 2009. I hope you will continue to give me love and cooperation in the future as well. You have also given me a lot of love as an actress before I became an MP. I will continue to do my duty properly.

Earlier, some people, including Shubhendu Adhikari, who was considered very close to Mamata, had bid farewell to the Trinamool Congress. Most of them complained that Mamata Banerjee was acting like a dictator. Shatabdi further wrote that if I take any major decision, I will inform you all on January 16 at 2 pm. As much as I work sincerely, so do my enemies. I can work in the midst of all of you so I have to make a big decision now.

The media tried to contact Shatabdi about the post on Facebook but could not be reached.


Comments