Jammu and Kashmir: Mehbooba slapped, founding member resigns from party

Srinagar, Ta. Sunday 15 November 2020

Former Jammu and Kashmir CM Mehbooba Mufti has been dealt a major blow on the political front.

Muzaffar Hussain Beg, a founding member of Mehbooba's People's Democratic Party, has resigned from the PDP, following a decision to share seats with other parties as part of the People's Alliance Faro Gupkar Declaration.

Bagg is outraged by the PDP's compromise on seat-sharing in Jammu and Kashmir ahead of the district development council elections. He says the way the seats have been distributed is not in the PDP's interest. I am leaving the party as I do not want to compromise with my principles. I was not consulted on the issue of sharing seats.

"I will work out future strategies in consultation with friends and well-wishers," Begg said.

Bagg has been associated with the PDP since the party was founded in 1998.


Comments