"Congress party president should not be from our family": Priyanka Gandhi


- Considered me anti-party for saying so - Sanjay Jha

New Delhi 19th August 2020 Wednesday

Congress party general secretary Priyanka Gandhi said that the party president should not be from our Gandhi family. Earlier, the party's senior leader Rahul Gandhi had expressed this view. Priyanka confirmed her brother's statement.

"I agree with Rahul Gandhi's statement that the party president should be someone outside the Gandhi family," she said. I think now the party should choose its own independent path. Asked whether the Congress party had lost the battle against the BJP, Priyanka said the party had misunderstood the new media (social media). It was too late when Congress started presenting its views on social media.

He added that if any person other than the Gandhi family becomes the party president, we are ready to act on his orders.

Responding to the statements of Rahul and Priyanka Gandhi, former Congress spokesperson Sanjay Zai said, "When I came up with the idea, I was found to be anti-party and disciplinary action was taken against me and I was suspended."

This great party needs a non-Gandhian president to revive it. What did I say wrong that I was punished? Sanjay Zai's tweet this morning was supported by many social media users.

However, political pundits believe that the Congress cannot be liberated without the Gandhi family. If the party could not get the expected results in the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections despite being with the Gandhi family now, what could the Congress party do without the Gandhi family.

Comments