The BJP and the media made fun of me when I warned of an economic tsunami: Rahul Gandhi

New Delhi, July 8, 2020, Wednesday

The deteriorating state of the economy is also becoming a major challenge for India, which is fighting the Corona.

Amidst all the efforts of the central government and the announcement of the package, the question of the economy remains, while former Congress president Rahul Gandhi has again lashed out at the Modi government over the economy.

"I warned of an economic tsunami in the country but at that time the BJP and the media mocked me for speaking the truth. Today, small businesses are ruined. Big companies are also under pressure and banks are struggling with the financial crisis," he said. Just a month ago, I warned of a tsunami. At that time, the BJP made fun of me and the media was laughing at me.

Rahul Gandhi made the statement at a time when the country's fiscal deficit has widened to 3.5 per cent.

Comments