The Ghanaian footballer had to spend 73 days outside the Mumbai airport because of Corona!

- When M પહોંચller arrived at the airport with only a saving of Rs 1,000, he found out that flights had been canceled due to Corona

New delhi date. 9 June 2020, Tuesday

A Ghanaian footballer had to spend three days outside the Mumbai airport after international flights were canceled due to the Corona epidemic. When Randy Juan Mલરller, who had come to Kerala to play in the local football league, arrived at the Mumbai airport with only a saving of Rs 1,000, he learned that the government had banned international flights due to the epidemic.

The player, who was in critical condition, was assisted by the Airport Authority, Mumbai Police, CISF and others. After hearing the story of the footballer, who spent three days in a park outside the airport terminal, Maharashtra Minister Aditya Thackeray then came to his aid at the Ghanaian diplomatic office and was dropped off at a hotel just two days ago.

"I had only Rs 1,000 in savings when Kerala's Seven-a-Side League was cut short due to Corona," Mueller said, recalling his first day in a park outside the airport. I slept in the airport area that night. A policeman woke me up and told me to get out of the airport. I could not return to Kerala because the trains were stopped. I couldn’t even go to the hotel because I didn’t have the money. I was about to die when I knew.

He circled the area near the airport and found a corner where the police could not easily see me. Gradually, after learning of his story, the police, the airport staff, and the CISF, which has airport security operations, began to help him. When the cyclone hit Mumbai, it was sheltered in a cabin by the CISF.

"I used to watch Hindi movies on my mobile with police and CISF personnel," says Mલરller. I told them about Ghana and my hometown of Ekkara. We talked for hours on end about politics, sports and religion. If my cell phone was damaged they would bring a new phone for me.

Out of the 7 most difficult days, 20 days were when he did not even have a phone and because of this he could not even contact his family. "Eventually the phone rang and when I spoke at home, he said, 'If your phone didn't ring all day, we thought you were dead.' Although I told them, I am still alive to meet you all.

"The people here are very kind," he said. They gave me bread, biscuits, soft drinks, etc. The biggest problem for me though was washing clothes. Often for weeks I had to wear only one piece of clothing. I dried my clothes in the sun and sprayed perfume on them. "I hope to return home now," he said. I don’t have the money to carry any souvenirs from here, but I believe, experience is the biggest memory.

Comments