I am more popular among the people of India than the American media: Trump

Washington, May 29, 2020, Friday

US President Donald Trump has once again praised India and PM Modi.

Trump is perhaps the first American president to occasionally mention India and PM Modi in his speech.

Although the Indian government has denied recent claims that Trump and Modi had discussed the China issue, Trump has once again praised PM Modi, saying, "PM Modi is a very gentleman and I like him very much." They are doing a very good job.

"I am very popular in India. I know this," Trump told reporters. The people of India like me. People in India like me more than the American media.

White House sources say President Trump has close ties with foreign leaders, including Japan's PM Shinzo Abe and Israel's PM Netanyahu and PM Modi. They communicate with each other but are not made public.


Comments