Rupa Ganguly lamented that if my mother had not played in the burqa, I would have been Khan's Begum.

Calcutta, December 12, 2019, Thursday

While the country is hot on the issue of citizenship research bill, BJP's Rajya Sabha MP and actress Rupa Ganguly of West Bengal has narrated on social media the horrific story of what happened on her own.

Rupa Ganguly thanked PM Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah for bringing this bill, saying that some people came to abduct me while I was living in Dinajpur district of Bengal and studying in seventh grade. At that time, my mother and I ran away wearing a veil. Otherwise I would have become Khan Tiger's Begum.

Get all the important news on Telegram, click to subscribe to the channel

Rupa Ganguly wrote on Twitter addressing Amit Shah, "What can I tell you, minister and you have received many people's blessings today."

He said that where Hindus would go if India did not give them space, nobody would think about it. We would be homeless sometimes, my father had to go to Narayanganj, sometimes Dhaka, sometimes to Dinajpur in his own country (Bangladesh). How often do we live as refugees? Thanks for researching the Citizenship Bill.

Rupa Ganguly said, "I am disturbed that members of the opposition in the Rajya Sabha were laughing at this issue. Everyone was joking at the comments ... even the female members..it's so sad.

Comments