Assam: For seven generations, the Muslim family oversees the Shivaliya

Rangamahal, November 1, 2019, Friday

The Rashmahal village is located about 45 km from Disspur, the capital of Assam. For the last seven generations, a Muslim family oversees the temple in addition to worshiping at the Shivaliya.

In this area, an old Shivalaya is situated at the base of the tree. Havi Matibar Rehman, the family's most devout Hindu, worships Shivling after getting up at five o'clock in the morning. This is an exception to the prevailing communal tensions in many parts of the country.

The family of Rahman, 73, has been formally worshiping Shivaji in addition to overseeing this temple for the last seven generations. After getting up at five in the morning, the prayers take place immediately in the sanctuary and in worship.

Rahman told the media that my father had informed me that our family has been worshiping this Shivalay for the last five hundred years. My father entrusted me with this responsibility in 1977. I hope my son will take on this responsibility after me. Even the people of the village respect us as Shivaji priests. We share in each other's happiness.

Comments