Amitabh Bachchan could not attend Kolkata International Film Festival due to poor health


(By Representative) Mumbai, Ta. 09 November 2019, Saturday

Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan could not attend Kolkata's 9th International Film Festival due to poor health. He apologized for this on his own account of social media.

I had to go to the inauguration at the International Film Festival held in Kolkata. But because of my poor health, I could not go. I apologize to the organizers of this festival and the people of Kolkata. I will definitely try to come to Kolkata in the future, ”Amitabh said on his social media account. Instead, Shah Rukh Khan inaugurated the festival.

During the inauguration of the Film Festival, Mamata Banerjee said, "Amitabh Bachchan is always here. But this time they could not come. Doctors did not allow him to travel because his health was bad.

Mamata Banerjee also said that on Friday morning, Amitabh Bachchan had sent a message to him and informed him of his deteriorating health. He and Jiaji talked to me. We pray for their long and healthy life. Amitabh might not be here today, but I am sure his mind will be at the festival. We couldn't imagine a film festival without them.

Comments