Controversial author Taslima Nasrin permits to stay in India for one more year


(PTI) New Delhi, Ta. July 21, 2019, Sunday

Controversial writer Taslima Nasrin's resident permit was extended by the central government for one year, an official said. A civilian Taslima has been given a permanent resident permit since 2004. Will be able to

The 56-year-old writer was given a three-month residential permit last week, but on Twitter urged Home Minister Amit Shah to extend the permit a year.

'Amit Shahji Thank you for giving me a resident permit. But I was surprised that only a three-month permit was granted. I asked for a permit for five years, but I was only allowed one year. Rajnathji assured me that I would get extension for 50 years. India is my home, I am sure you will save me, 'Taslima wrote.

'Each time I apply for a permit for five years. I'm given a year. This time I applied for five years, but I was only given a three month permit. Hopefully this time you will get at least one year extension, 'Taslima Nasreen told July 17. After receiving a one-year extension, Taslima wrote on Twitter again extending the permit.

Comments